What is Tag Stream?
The aim of this project is offers to the EPC developer
community a complete and simple EPC Reader emulator.
Currently the project is just started, but already functional. Almost
all mandatory features of the standard are already implemented, along
with much of the optional features.
Still, there is no available release yet, the first downloable
is expected to be available on line in a few days
- Simulation based on a simple text file configuration,
describing the sequence of the simulation (scenario)
- Can easily simulate Readers with distinct capacities and
configurations, via customization of the reader's configuration text
- Support for asynchronous delivery of Read Reports, via
- Support for smoothing and event
generation (see )
- Supports configurations with multiple readpoints, sources,
triggers and Notification Channels
- Implement the Socket/XML pair of Transport and Binding
Tag Stream is write in Erlang, the functional, continuous-operation,
real -time language developed by Ericsson.
Erlang is an Open Source project since 1998, and is
used in many successful projects, both open source ones like the XMPP server
Ejabberd, or commercial like the Ericsson communication switches.
The Erlang virtual machine is available for most operating
system, including linux and windows. A binary, one-click-installer for
Windows can be obtained in the Erlang site
- Erlang OTP (tested with the latest R11.B1 version)
No downloads yet. Expected to bee available in a few days.
- Development of Tag Stream started
- Project Submitted to SourceForge
- First project web page
Project site in SourceForge http://sourceforge.net/projects/tast
For questions and news about Tag Stream please use one of the following channels:
Suggestions, criticism and new contributors are always welcomed!